[coreboot] coreboot is being stopped!! help

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 23:10:32 CET 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 18:25 +0330, ali hagigat wrote:
> My motherboard is: Pentium III, 82815, ICH2.
>
> I configured coreboot for Intel, d810e2cb motherboard. The coreboot
> stops printing the following lines on the serial port:
>
> coreboot-4.0-1959-g950f20a-dirty Sun Feb  5 17:52:27 IRST 2012 starting...
> SMBus controller enabled
> No DIMM found in slot 0
> No DIMM found in slot 1
> DRP calculated to 0x00
> BUFF_SC calculated to 0x0000
> Searching for fallback/coreboot_ram
> Check fallback/romstage
> Check fallback/coreboot_ram
> Stage: loading fallback/coreboot_ram @ 0x100000 (180224 bytes), entry @ 0x100000
> Stage: done loading.
> Jumping to image.
>
> Where is the problem. I just replaced sdram_enable() with a routine
> which I am sure that it initializes RAM correctly. The rest is the
> pure Coreboot code.

Hi

Enable most verbose logging (8 ?) and post new logs. Also readers on the
list have currently no clue how You obtained and modified your local
copy of Coreboot.

Your posted serial log appears exactly as from the coreboot sources.
Double-check you have really changed the call to sdram_enable(),
recompiled, flashed correctly etc.

If you are running closed-source assembly code copy-pasted and mixed
within coreboot, don't expect much assistance until you have convinced
us that at the minimum ram_check() passes without errors after
sdram_enable() :)

The following patch contains a replacement ram_check() that I consider
more reliable or thorough: http://review.coreboot.org/294

Thanks,
KM