[coreboot] Coreboot + SeaBIOS on GA-M52S-S3P?

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:58:38 CET 2012

 >>> The nvidia chipset is the biggest challenge.  I don't know how
 >>> close it is to the nvida support in coreboot.

 >> I seem to be quite lucky in this respect, as I've just found that I
 >> have at least two systems based on nVidia chipsets.

 >> But I'm still interested in running Coreboot there.

 >> As per [1], the “chipset north bridge” is “GeForce 6100 / nForce
 >> 430”, but I don't seem to find those listed in [2]?

 > No documentation whatsoever is available.

	Yes, I know that nVidia is evil.  Sorry for the buzz.

 > If you want to make coreboot run on such unsupported chipsets you
 > should plan for one or two years of reverse engineering the factory
 > BIOS.

 > Just buy some supported hardware instead.

	I'm sure that I will /not/ consider nVidia for any of my future
	upgrades, thanks.  (I've never bought any of their video cards
	for the very same reason, but apparently hasn't paid the
	necessary attention to the choice of other hardware.)

	For now, I'll hopefully be able to work around the original
	problem without changing BIOS.

	(But I still have an Intel mainboard to try Coreboot on.)

--
FSF associate member #7257