[coreboot] "Fix multipleVGA cards resource conflict on Windows" broke my vga

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:47:14 CET 2012

Hi Denis,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
<GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've an M4A785T-M which contains one onboard graphic card,
> but it has 2 VGA extension roms.
> one seem to be for HDMI, and the other for VGA.

That sounds strange. I think that they are basicly the same output and
should have a single rom. Are there two device IDs? If there are two
devices, it seems that there is a problem selecting the default and
allocating the decode correctly.

> reverting the commit makes VGA appear on my monitor.
>
> I've tried to add one option rom only, as usual, and nothing appeared on my
> monitor with that comit.
> Then I removed the VGA rom and with cbfstool I added both VGA rom.
> Nothing appeared on my monitor either...
>
> Should I give some logs(it's quite long to get since I've to reflash with an
> external programmer).
>
> Denis.

Logs would help, but you could some analysis about what setting is
making the device work or not.

Marc

http://se-eng.com