[coreboot] tiny bootblock problem

Nils njacobs8 at adsltotaal.nl
Fri Jan 6 19:43:18 CET 2012

Patrick Georgi:
>> Is that a caching problem introduced by tiny bootblock?
>> What is needed to get it right?
>Probably MTRRs. With tinybootblock, these are set at slightly
>different times.
>GX2 uses Cache-As-RAM, right? That affects MTRRs, too (as CAR is a
>"special" MTRR setup)

Correct me if i'm wrong but Geode GX2/LX doesn't have MTRRs.
Cache is setup via MSR registers.
So all that MTRR stuf in tiny bootblok/coreboot is useless to Geode.
Which regions are used for tiny bootblock that need caching?
If no one beets me i will investigate this further after SeaBIOS Geode
VGA is ready.

Philip Prindeville wrote:
>Also, the Alix 6F2 doesn't have a keyboard controller... is there a way
>to turn off the i8042 stuff?

Those i8042 warning at the beginning before warm reset comes from
SeaBIOS.
There is a SeaBIOS kconfig option to turn off the ps2 controller.

Greetings, Nils.