[coreboot] Lenovo T60 Type 8743-GZU - RAM Support? 3Gb or 4Gb

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jan 18 01:47:58 CET 2012

ron minnich wrote:
> > Yes, also. Sven is using it on his machine already. It needed some
> > more work besides the X60, but it works for him.
>
> I am in awe of these accomplishments! Geez, I go away for just a
> little while and these great things happen :-)

Sven is doing a great job with the ThinkPad ports! All credit to him.

During the weekend I believe the first person outside the project
flashed coreboot onto his X60, using the procedure I described in
the previous email. One or three issues were quickly discovered,
where the more annoying one, current coreboot git code not resuming
properly, should actually already have been known by me. I'm
researching this now, we need to fix it.

I tried a quick fix which turned out to be a bit too ambitious and
which bricked his machine, so I then spent the rest of the weekend on
soldering an external programming header into his laptop and getting
an SPI flasher set up. Meanwhile I lent him my machine so that he
wouldn't be too badly affected. I hope he'll join at least on IRC
now and then, and give some feedback from the user perspective.

He was very very pleased to be able to free his firmware! :)

//Peter