[coreboot] Trying to port abit A-S78H

Prakash Punnoor prakash at punnoor.de
Sun Jan 29 13:59:50 CET 2012

On 29.01.2012 05:16, Scott Duplichan wrote:
> Prakash Punnoor wrote:
> ]The last post code is F8, so it seesm SeaBios should have been started.
> ]Unfortunately I the internal gfx doesn't seem to get propery initialized,
> ]as I
> ]cannot see anything. Then I changed to config to coreboot running vga
> ]option
> ]ROM and using grub2 as payload. On "warm start" coreboot now resets itself
> ]indefinitely. On cold start, coreboot want to do a soft reset - which still
>
> ]hangs. I think the soft reset here gets triggered by init_cpus. (I haven't
> ]verified this, yet.)
>
> It might be worth running your binary on simnow to debug.

Ok, I'll try setting it up. Hope it triggers the problems I am seeing.

> For the problem you are having with the RS780 video, did you confirm
> the video option rom is getting loaded to address C0000?

Well, I don't know yet how to confirm it. I can see my post card showing
0x40 (IIRC, and previous code 0x36) for half a second or so. My guess is
that video bios is running and thus causing the delay. I haven't
searched the source code for these codes yet.

I am also considering porting my files to using agesa, as I can see that
fam10h seems supported (though I have to add my cpu id here, as well).
But I am not sure whether this is an easy task or not... some more .c
files which seem to contain mainboard specific stuff. At least I found a
supermicro board which is somewhat similar to my setup using agesa.

BTW, I am reading through the sources and found this in
src/cpu/amd/car/cache_as_ram.inc:

 134         bts     $35-32, %edx    /* Set bit 35 in EDX:EAX (bit 3 in
EDX). */

While I am not very experienced in assembler, esp AT&T syntax, I am
wondering whether paranthesis are missing? Somewhat later I see this:

 386         bt      $(54 - 32), %edx

So I wonder is both correct or have I found a bug?

Cheers,

Prakash