[coreboot] Tinkering with old and new motherboards

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Fri Jul 13 12:14:44 CEST 2012

I have an old motherboard which I'd like to experiment on and have my eyes
on a bleeding-edge board.  The old one is a Shuttle AN35N Ultra (socket
1).  The new one is an MSI 990FXA-GD80V2 (socket AM3+).  Neither of these
appear on the list of supported motherboards.

Tinkering with the old board should be relatively safe because the BIOS
lives in a socketed PLCC.  I can't seem to figure out what sort of package
the firmware in the newer one lives in.  None of the photos I've found of
it seem to have good enough resolution to tell.  Can I get some help here?

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org