[coreboot] Boots from PCI add-on card on Intel ICHs

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Sat Jun 9 21:18:54 CEST 2012

Having been quite intrigued by this I coincidentally found an old raid
controller of mine.

http://www.highpoint-tech.cn/USA/rr454.htm

Though it only has 64kb flash I'm guessing (the bios image is about 55k)
after a swap of that chip, it may theoretically be possible, correct?
Hi all,

So why would this only work on ICH based boards? What are changes of
this working on older chipsets other then intel? Say VIA?

Oliver