[coreboot] OT: how to burn commercial BIOS image into new chip?

Jonathan Sturges jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 19:03:42 CET 2012

Hi list,
Question for everyone.  I have a system, System A, that is very similar to System B.  System A comes with a WinCE BIOS, but I have a binary Award BIOS image from System B that I wish to test on System A.  The flash parts from both systems are the same size.

Is there some secret to burning a binary BIOS image file into a new, blank flash chip?  I burned the image to a chip, but the system does nothing when powered on.  What am I missing?

thanks!