[coreboot] GSoC project ideas

Svetoslav Trochev svetoslav.trochev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:03:17 CET 2012

Hi Peter,

I have both hardware and software experience, but I need serious
refresh and catching up with latest development that happened in the
last 10 years, I would say. :) Last thing that I designed was small
micro controller that reads data from alarm system, next it dials
pager gateway and sends codes about the status of the alarm system. I
used i8035 micro, if I remember correctly.
Now I am interested in coreboot and I am helping testing flashrom as
well. I have several mainboards that use SPI flash chip to store the
BIOS. I think that I could work on ICE for SPI bus. That said I have
no idea how complicated could become. I have no real experience with
FPGA. So in this case I would take advice by the more experience
engineers here. So my question would be what project would be the most
beneficial for the coreboot project and would make everyone life
easier?

Thank you,
Svetoslav