[coreboot] GSoC 2012

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:26:58 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> coreboot was not selected to participate in GSoC 2012. This is
> disappointing new for the project. I do not know why we were not
> selected this year. I will attend the post selection meeting to see
> what we can do to improve our chances of selection next year.
>
> Students, thank you for your interest in coreboot. We are happy that
> you are engaging with our community. I hope that you continue
> exploring your interest in coreboot. Please let us know what we can do
> to assist you in your learning.
>
> Feel free to send me questions, comments, or concerns.
>
> Regards,
> Marc
>
> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/

We attended the GSoC rejection meeting this morning. The main feedback
was to improve our projects ideas page. Our ideas were not flushed out
enough and we didn't have a complete mentors list/assignment.

The ideas page weighed more heavily than the org applications this
year. It seems that (now) most orgs do a good job on the application,
so the ideas page and mentor list is the defereniator.

GSoC snuck up on me this year and I did a called for mentors too late.
We were not organized well enough, early enough. I think that is my
fault and I apologize.

This year, we have the opportunity to put more thought into the
direction of coreboot and projects, flushout the idea on the wiki and
be more prepaired for next year.  I can use your help in this. Please
start editing the wiki.

Regards,
Marc

--