[coreboot] asus l1n64 - this is damn Nvidia

Julian Shulika hercares at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:09:50 CEST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julian Shulika <hercares at gmail.com>
Date: 2012/3/26
Subject: Re: coreboot and opteron 8431
To: Arne Georg Gleditsch <arne at gledits.ch>

I tried to port asus l1n64 more than one year. This board also based on
mcp55,this is only one board for AMD 4x4 platform. It differs from other
similar board by different scheme

Tyan S2912, supermicro h8dmr have
connection diagram, if I use just cpu0,I can't use second mcp55    *mcp55
<->cpu1 <-> cpu0 <-> mcp55

*Asus L1N64 has different connection diagram               *mcp55 <->
mcp55<->cpu0 <-> cpu1
*
I saw your posts when you try to help guy with supermicro board,but
I'm stuck in one place,because I have not reached to memory init, I think
it's because of wrong devicetree. Could you please look at lspci output,
may be you can see something...
Thanks for your work done

chip northbridge/amd/amdfam10/root_complex    # Root complex
  device lapic_cluster 0 on            # (L)APIC cluster
    chip cpu/amd/socket_F_1207            # CPU socket
      device lapic 0 on end            # Local APIC of the CPU
    end
  end
  device pci_domain 0 on            # PCI domain
    subsystemid 0x10de 0x81fb inherit
    chip northbridge/amd/amdfam10        # Northbridge / RAM controller
      device pci 18.0 on end
      device pci 18.0 on end
    chip southbridge/nvidia/mcp55        # Southbridge
    device pci 0.0 on end            # HT
    device pci 1.0 on end            # LPC
    device pci 1.1 on end            # LPC
    device pci 5.1 on end            # SATA 1
    device pci 5.2 on end            # SATA 2
    device pci a.0 off end            # PCI E 5
    device pci f.0 off end            # PCI E 5
    end
      device pci 18.0 on            # SB on link 2
        chip southbridge/nvidia/mcp55        # Southbridge
          device pci 0.0 on end            # HT
          device pci 1.0 on            # LPC
            chip superio/ite/it8716f        # Super I/O
              device pnp 2e.0 on        # Floppy
                io 0x60 = 0x3f0
                irq 0x70 = 6
                drq 0x74 = 2
              end
              device pnp 2e.1 on        # Com1
                io 0x60 = 0x3f8
                irq 0x70 = 4
              end
              device pnp 2e.2 off        # Com2 (N/A)
              end
              device pnp 2e.3 on        # Parallel port
                io 0x60 = 0x378
                io 0x62 = 0x000
                irq 0x70 = 7
                drq 0x74 = 4
              end
              device pnp 2e.4 on        # Environment controller
                io 0x60 = 0x290
                io 0x62 = 0x000
                irq 0x70 = 0
              end
              device pnp 2e.5 on        # PS/2 keyboard
                io 0x60 = 0x60
                io 0x62 = 0x64
                irq 0x70 = 1            # PS/2 keyboard IRQ
              end
              device pnp 2e.6 on        # PS/2 mouse
                irq 0x70 = 12            # PS/2 mouse IRQ
              end
              device pnp 2e.7 off        # GPIO
                io 0x60 = 0x0000        # SMI# Normal Run Access
                io 0x62 = 0x800            # Simple I/O
                io 0x64 = 0x0000        # Serial Flash I/F
              end
              device pnp 2e.8 off        # MIDI (N/A)
              end
              device pnp 2e.9 off        # Game port (N/A)
              end
              device pnp 2e.a off        # Consumer IR (N/A)
              end
            end                         # Super I/O
          end
          device pci 1.1 on            # SM 0
            chip drivers/generic/generic    # DIMM 0-0-0
              device i2c 50 on end
            end
            chip drivers/generic/generic    # DIMM 0-0-1
              device i2c 51 on end
            end
            chip drivers/generic/generic    # DIMM 0-1-0
              device i2c 52 on end
            end
            chip drivers/generic/generic    # DIMM 0-1-1
              device i2c 53 on end
            end

          end

          device pci 2.0 on end            # USB 1.1
          device pci 2.1 on end            # USB 2
          device pci 4.0 on end            # IDE
          device pci 5.0 on end            # SATA 0
          device pci 5.1 on end            # SATA 1
          device pci 5.2 on end            # SATA 2
          device pci 6.0 on            # PCI
          device pci 6.0 on end
          end
          device pci 6.1 on end            # AZA
          device pci 8.0 on end            # NIC
          device pci 9.0 on end            # NIC
          device pci a.0 on end            # PCI E 5
          device pci d.0 on end            # PCI E 2
          device pci e.0 on end            # PCI E 1
          device pci f.0 on end            # PCI E 0
          register "ide0_enable" = "1"
          register "sata0_enable" = "1"
          register "sata1_enable" = "1"
          # 1: SMBus under 2e.8, 2: SM0 3: SM1
          register "mac_eeprom_smbus" = "3"
          register "mac_eeprom_addr" = "0x51"
        end
      end
      device pci 18.1 on end
      device pci 18.2 on end
      device pci 18.3 on end
      device pci 18.4 on end
    end
  end
  # chip drivers/generic/debug
  #   device pnp 0.0 off end            # chip name
  #   device pnp 0.1 on end            # pci_regs_all
  #   device pnp 0.2 on end            # mem
  #   device pnp 0.3 off end            # cpuid
  #   device pnp 0.4 on end            # smbus_regs_all
  #   device pnp 0.5 off end            # dual core msr
  #   device pnp 0.6 off end            # cache size
  #   device pnp 0.7 off end            # tsc
  #   device pnp 0.8 off end            # io
  #   device pnp 0.9 off end            # io
  # end
end