[coreboot] seabios feature request : reboot VM or retry boot devices when no valid boot disk is found

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri May 11 15:28:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm  using KVM on Centos 6.2. Currently I switched to iSCSI storage to host the virtual machines.

When I was  simulation some worst case scenario's I noticed that when no boot device is found the bios just stops at displaying "No bootable device"

I would prefer to automatically reboot the VM (or retry the boot devices) when no bootable device is found, then when the iSCSI storage is available again the VM can boot normally.
(when I manually sent CTRL+ALT+DEL to the VM the system booted normaly again)

Is there  a way to use seabios this way?
If  not, can it be added to the bios?

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande