[coreboot] Accessibility for blind people

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 13 12:13:51 CET 2012

Dear coreboot folks,

in #coreboot there was a blind person from Algeria today having problems
configuring the BIOS.

This got me thinking, if that is another advantage of coreboot compared
to the proprietary BIOS as coreboot can be configured from the operating
system by for example using nvramtool.

Has it ever been tried to approach departments and organizations from
that perspective? As far as I know there should be laws requiring them
to buy hardware which is accessible by all people.

Also I do not know what UEFI does in that regard.

Thanks,

Paul