[coreboot] Using USB keyboard in payloads

Dave Frodin dave.frodin at se-eng.com
Sat Nov 17 06:58:10 CET 2012

I'm unable to get the USB keyboard to work in payloads.
I'm using it with libpayload, and configured libpayload to enable
the USB_HID, USB_OHCI, USB_EHCI, USB_UHCI, USB_XHCI drivers.

I call usb_initialize() in the early part of my payload.

Calls to usbhid_havechar() just return 0.
Calls to havechar() just return 0xFF.

The USB keyboard works fine with SeaBIOS, which I am using to
load my payload as a boot option. I see no difference if I load
my payload directly from coreboot.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Any suggestions or examples?

Thanks in advance,
Dave