[coreboot] Coreboot with a Linux kernel and initramfs as payload.

Hoàng Tùng hoangtung1005 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:34:03 CEST 2012

Hi ron
Thank you very much for your information.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:41 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been several years since I've done this. However, I don't believe
> mkelfimage is needed.

You need to build a kernel image that contains the kernel, initramfs,
> and command line args. If my memory is correct, this is now possible
> with the standard kernel build process and it creates and ELF file.
> Since cbfstool can parse and ELF file, you should be able to use the
> standard coreboot flow.
>
> Previously , I think I need mkelfimage to convert image kernel and
initramfs to ELF file
( I refer http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial ).
Now I will try to build a kernel image that contains the kernel,
initramfs, and command line args.

I'm going to try to get this working anyway in a week or so so I'm
> interested to hear how it goes for you.
>
> I will inform you about my result, ASAP

> ron

Hoang Tung