[coreboot] Wiki cleanup (was: Request to become wiki admin)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 4 00:04:11 CEST 2013

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 22:23:45 +0200
Stefan Reinauer <stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org> wrote:

> * Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> [130402 16:50]:
>
> > please make Patrick and me (or at least him :) a (coreboot) wiki admin
> > so that we can delete obsolete pages, thanks.
>
> Hi Stefan!
>
> done.
>
> Stefan, too.

Thanks!

I propose the deletion of the following pages and will do so if no one
vetoes within the next 4 days:
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/0.9.0
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/0.9.1
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/0.9.2
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/NIC3Com
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/FT2232SPI_Programmer
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/Live_CD
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom/Random_notes
http://www.coreboot.org/SerialICE
[end of list]

The german welcome page is somewhat outdated and not ranked favourable
by google and it is not very often visited (~3500 times, which seems to
be the value produced by spiders). Opinions?
http://www.coreboot.org/Willkommen_bei_coreboot
http://www.coreboot.org/Welcome_to_coreboot/de forwards there.

Pages that need an update or deletion:
http://www.coreboot.org/Viewvc
Maybe we should create a wiki page listing them all? :P

Good candidates for obsolete pages:
http://www.coreboot.org/Special:AncientPages
Although many of them are harmless cruft. They increase the database
and may reduce usability a bit when looking at
http://www.coreboot.org/Special:AllPages but there is no inherent risk
for misery (e.g. http://www.coreboot.org/SHREK)
I don't see the point in keeping them, but I won't touch any of them
without further discussion.

Then there are some ancient pages where I have no idea if they are just
documenting really stable stuff or were abandoned (e.g.
http://www.coreboot.org/Payload_API)
Adding information that can help readers to assess the actuality would
make sense (modification time of the page does not really help),
because without that no one with FOSS experience would dare to think
of it as valid information. For the payload API above the code location
would be such an information. In general I think similar information
should reside in the code itself only (as lengthy comment) anyway.
I won't touch them either.

If anybody else is interested in cleaning up stuff, please post your
ideas...