[coreboot] coreboot project analysis request

Антон Кочков anton.kochkov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:32:58 CEST 2013

Good day!

As I did not get a reply to my message from April 3rd I am trying it again.

Is it possible to add the coreboot project https://www.coreboot.org to
your free
analysis of FOSS projects?

As an alternative to the BIOS and UEFI, coreboot and its payloads need and
want to be as secure as possible to also outdo UEFI in the security aspect.
So code analysis to find out any issues would help coreboot very much.

Here is the code

    git clone http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git

Under the directory `payloads/` there are some programs which are started
after coreboot has finished. Under the directory `util/` there are several
utilities needed for image creation or for board porting.

As a build system, a customized Kconfig is used and there is also the build
tool named abuild..

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask us. Either on our
mailing list http://www.coreboot.org/Mailinglist or myself.

The coreboot project and I hope, you are going to help us and are looking
forward to what you are going to find.

Best regards,

Anton Kochkov.

PS: If you know any students interested in low level stuff please tell
them, that coreboot is participating in Google Summer of Code 2013
http://www.coreboot.org/GSoC .