[coreboot] AMD SB800 AHCI: How to enable Staggered Spin-up?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Apr 12 21:52:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

It seems it is not. The default is 0 and the caps regs is read only. But the
Caps regs has a definetely a backdoor register at AHCI BAR (5) + 0xFC

But it is not 1:1 mapped:

0xFC 0x00 (caps)

10->16
11->26
12->17
19->7
20->5

You can check the "register programming requirements" and search for 0xfc.

I have no clue if some bits change this. You might also try "raid mode" but i
dont know if it changes anything besides the bits in vendor reg.

Also I guess this has nothing to do with grub issue.

Thanks
Rudolf