[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:54:21 CEST 2013

The payload is an ELF file. It can be anything that will fit in the flash.

In the beginning, the only payload we supported was a linux kernel.
Over the years, we have supported many different payloads, including
non-linux kernels, many bootloaders, and even a VM.

The last time I used a kernel as a payload was 2007, on an Ultra 32
box. Worked fine.

All these payloads ran on our initial systems: x86, Alpha, and PowerPC.

A MIPS system does not look like a hard problem.

It is not correct to say that a kernel payload can not fit in 512KB.

ron