[coreboot] Please tell us more about Falco, Peppy, Pit and Slippy!

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Thu Dec 5 00:49:21 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear (Google) coreboot folks,
>

> developers at Google started upstreaming their patches for their new
> devices. For example the boards Falco, Peppy, Pit and Slippy are now in
> the coreboot repository. Big thanks for that.

Slippy is a reference board that can't be bought.
Peppy is the Acer C720
Falco is the HP Chromebook 14.

Those 3 are all haswell.

> Could you please write a summary mail or create Wiki pages, what
> Chromebooks these refer to and what features they have?

As for features... parallel cpu bring up and parallel SMM relocation.
It uses relocatable ramstage, dynamic cbmem, and a few other things
that I can't think of off the top of my head. If you have questions
about anything in particular can provide more insight.

> Were there other major changes regarding coreboot or new features
> introduced?

See above.  I have more stuff queued up from the baytrail work, but
that can be found in our repo. Actually, some of it can be upstreamed
now. I generalized the parallel cpu bring up and SMM relocation paths
so others can use it as well.

See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/coreboot/+/refs/heads/chromeos-2013.04/src/cpu/x86/mp_init.c
as the library the following as the usage example (look for
'flight_record'):
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/coreboot/+/refs/heads/chromeos-2013.04/src/soc/intel/baytrail/cpu.c