[coreboot] CBFS hardlinks

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 02:56:58 CET 2013

Hello, all. Currently coreboot does the mapping from PCIID to the name
of option ROM in platform-dependent part (one PCIID is chosen as
representative of whole family). Unfortunately SeaBIOS doesn't have this
mapping and so doesn't find the right file. Could we perhaps have
hardlinks in CBFS and store the same file under several names?
The hardlink would have a type 0xf1 (File Link) and would be a file with
just 2 fields:
4-byte big-endian offset
4-byte big-endian size
which point to the real contents of the file.
Should I prepare patches for this approach?