[coreboot] Removing microcode updates from blobs

mrnuke mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 06:14:44 CET 2013

On 12/13/2013 09:44 PM, ron minnich wrote:
> I guess I don't understand why people feel better being able to build
> a firmware image which will boot the CPU in a broken mode.

I have no idea either. However, what I do have is chronic fatigue from
hearing clueless people complain and moan about having microcode in
their coreboot.

I want my time with the coreboot community to be fun. I like talking
about silly mistakes that cost me hours or days. I like being made fun
of when that happens. I like doing fun stuff. I like playing with
hardware. I do NOT like litter from useless philosophical discussions
about which blob is more acceptable than the other.

I spend a few weeks now completing the change, and in exchange, I get a
lifetime of peace on the matter. We all do. It's a win-win. The change
will be mostly transparent to the average coreboot user.

What's there not to like?

Alex