[coreboot] Fwd: coreboot on amd A85 can't work

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:40:12 CET 2013

Forwarding the reply where 陈军根 <cjg at bolod.net> informed me of his
findings, see below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 陈军根 <cjg at bolod.net>
Date: 2013/12/17
Subject: Re: [coreboot] coreboot on amd A85 can't work
To: Idwer Vollering <vidwer at gmail.com>

Idwer:
    the vendor(ASUS) EFI software can detect the DIMM,and I power
cycle after moving from EFI,to coreboot.
I will try a kingston ddr3 1333 tomorrow.
      thank you very much !

From:  "Idwer Vollering"<vidwer at gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Dec 17, 2013 05:00 AM
To:  "coreboot"<coreboot at coreboot.org>;
Cc:  "陈军根"<cjg at bolod.net>;

2013/12/13 陈军根 <cjg at bolod.net>:
> Dear all:
>      I run coreboot in ASUS F2A85-MLE CPU is A10-5800k, kingston ddr3
> 1600(kvr1600d3n9/4g),coreboot halt at "assertion Failed:file
> 'src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/proc/mem/main/mmexcludedimm.c',line 236". I
> don't know how to do, can anyone help me?
> thanks very much!

This means that agesa code can't find a ddr3 module, does the vendor
EFI software detect the DIMM? Did you power cycle after moving from
EFI to coreboot?

>From the code in
src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/Proc/Mem/Main/mmExcludeDimm.c on and
around line 236:

  // if all dimms on all nodes are excluded, do fatal exit
  if (RefPtr->SysLimit == 0) {
    PutEventLog (AGESA_FATAL, MEM_ERROR_NO_DIMM_FOUND_ON_SYSTEM, 0, 0,
0, 0, &NBPtr->MemPtr->StdHeader);
    SetMemError (AGESA_FATAL, NBPtr[BSP_DIE].MCTPtr);
    ASSERT (FALSE);
  }