[coreboot] Super I/O: Nuvoton NCT6779D support (Incomplete and stuck)

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Tue Dec 31 03:01:52 CET 2013

Hello everyone! Please note I am not subscribed to the coreboot mailing list so if you want to contact me, please do so directly or CC my email address.

I wrote an incomplete port to the Nuvoton NCT6779D Super I/O chip ( http://review.coreboot.org/4589 ) I am not sure if publicly sharing the datasheet is OK or not (if it is alright, let me know so I can post it as I am not under an NDA with Nuvoton by any means) but anyone with Super I/O and general hardware / electrical engineering should be able to easily finish up the port as most of the work is already done and just needs some tidying up (comments in patch indicate possible issues and things I am stuck on.)

The Super I/O is currently used with several ASUS boards such as some of their Intel Z77 chipset motherboards (Sabertooth and Maximus V series) F2A85V-PRO (AMD FM2 A-series CPUs) and possibly a few others. A few other coreboot developers are working on some boards right now that use it, so hopefully my patch will assist their efforts.

Thank you, happy coding, and New Years.

Alec Ari