[coreboot] Permanent solution of the UEFI Secure Boot problem?!

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:18:52 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:

>> get an ARM-based laptop and help us with the ongoing ARM port of
>> coreboot. A samsung ARM chromebook or EFIKA might be nice.
>>

> Porting coreboot should be nice, but AFAIK they already come with
> free firmware (uboot).

I think you're missing the point. OP asked about coreboot. Helping us
on ARM is one answer.

Have you done a pull lately on the repo? You might be surprised at the
two new google mainboards in there.

> I know. I blame it partially on the PC architecture,

I don't blame *any* of it on the PC architecture. Hardware is hard. Period.

> Hardware design is mostly logic,

no, the *easy* part is mostly logic.

>There's some physical
> considerations,

which drive everything else.

> I've often thought it would be very nice if "we" (who?) could pick a very few
> computer models each year and try to concentrate effort on those in order
> to have free implementation for both coreboot and all drivers.

You lost me here. I listed a set of things the OP could work on which
already have a lot of support but need some help. I just did what you
said -- I picked the models. So what's the problem?

ron