[coreboot] Different Google copyright notices: »The Chromium OS Authors. ?«

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 31 23:36:54 CET 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 30.01.2013, 01:06 +0100 schrieb Peter Stuge:
> ron minnich wrote:
> > > In the community we can of course not know what is correct when,
> >
> > ah yes well I do kind of wonder if *I* know what I'm doing half the
> > time :-)
>
> I guess the concern was that perhaps there was a single correct
> notice to be used, and that some of you guys made a mistake
> somewhere. I don't expect that you make such mistakes, but I
> guess that's what Paul meant.

Well, thanks to Hung-Te’s clarifying answer, at least the inconsistent
spelling of »The Chromium*OS Authors.« with or without space shows that
a mistake indeed was made while copying.

Also I assume, that the inconsistency in adding »All rights reserved.«
or having the copyright sign spelled with a capitalized »(C)« or not
»(c)« is a mistake (and not a policy decision).

So to keep the differences between files small, it would be awesome if
some Google/Chromium OS developer could unify that and set up some
pre-commit hook checking that with each commit.

Thanks,

Paul