[coreboot] What is the purpose of hard_reset function?

Andrew Wu andrewwu.tw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:27:00 CEST 2013

I checked the datasheet and did some testing, Vortex86EX doesn't
support cf9 port.

And I found the "hard_reset" function is mostly called from
vendor-dependent code. The only generic functions that call hard_reset
are root_dev_reset in src/device/root_device.c and debug_init in
src/drivers/generic/debug/debug_dev.c. For Vortex86EX, maybe
hard_reset is not that important?