[coreboot] Hijacking (was Trying to get coreboot running on VIA EPIA-M (lzma: Decoding error = 1) )

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 20:43:39 CEST 2013

On 05/20/2013 10:16 AM, Marius Schäfer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to play around with coreboot on my old VIA EPIA-M, as it
> should be supportet and a good place to start. I just followed the Build
> HOWTO. But I always end up with 'lzma: Decoding error = 1'.
> I clonded coreboot from git, in menuconfig I choose the VIA EPIA-M board
> and built everything

Hello Marius,

I'm sorry to hijack this thread. Let's call it a "fork" of the original
thread.

I couldn't help but notice you have a VIA southbridge. I'm currently
working on de-duplicating SMBus code, and also have a VIA chipset handy.
I see the SMBus of the 8235 is hellishly similar to the VX900 I'm
working on. I have a patch which adds a generic SMBus implementation for
VIA chipstes here:

http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/144/

If you have the time and patience, could I ask you to pull that patch
and mess with the 8235 early_smbus.c and Makefile.inc to take advantage
of that code?

Alex