[coreboot] Chromebooks overview
t.zander at uea.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 23:45:59 CEST 2013
Hi, try to collect information about the chromebooks to write things up
in the wiki.
Which of the following things are true (for the lastest coreboot version):
0. all 5 Chromebooks are supported by coreboot
(http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromebooks.html) Ok 5
names show in the config menu, so are there maybe unsupported older
version of the chromebooks (ones with other working names then
1. Butterfly (BOARD_GOOGLE_BUTTERFLY) (NEW)
2. Link (BOARD_GOOGLE_LINK) (NEW)
3. Parrot (BOARD_GOOGLE_PARROT) (NEW)
4. Snow (BOARD_GOOGLE_SNOW) (NEW)
5. Stout (BOARD_GOOGLE_STOUT) (NEW)!
1. all chromebooks need to be flashed by an external programmer to get
your own coreboot version (and payload) running (but it is doable
without breaking things)
Is there information about where the spi chips can be found?
which ones don't require any proprietary drivers?
More information about the coreboot