[coreboot] Chromebooks overview

Tim Zander t.zander at uea.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 00:49:31 CEST 2013

ok found more information:

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices

December 2010 	 Google 	 Cr-48 	 Mario
support unknown/no

  June 2011 	 Samsung 	 Series 5 Chromebook 	 Alex
support unknown/no

  July 2011 	 Acer 	 AC700 Chromebook 	 ZGB
support unknown/no

  May 2012 	 Samsung 	 Series 3 Chromebox 	 Stumpy
support yes: choose mainboard vendor samsung

  May 2012 	 Samsung 	 Series 5 550 Chromebook 	 Lumpy
support yes: choose mainboard vendor samsung

  October 2012	 Samsung	 ARM Chromebook	 Snow (aka Daisy)
  November 2012	 Acer	 C7 Chromebook	 Parrot
  January 2013	 Lenovo	 Thinkpad X131e Chromebook	 Stout
  February 2013	 HP	 Pavilion 14 Chromebook	 Butterfly
  February 2013	 Google	 Chromebook Pixel	 Link
support of all 5 yes: choose mainboard vendor google

if you have information about the support of the other (guess no
support) please contribute..

ok and they have nice pictures of the mainboards (link above)

now we need to identify the spi chips on the board and will write up the
wiki but I will try doing that tomorrow...