[coreboot] Tyan S2895 SATA, USB, ethernet not working

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 3 22:57:08 CET 2013

Am 03.03.2013 17:48 schrieb Andrew Goodbody:
> On 03/03/13 14:28, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
>> I think I will have to re-cap the board to restore the 2nd CPU socket to
>> eliminate this variable.
>
> You say it is stable with one CPU using the Tyan BIOS so it is at
> least possible to use the board as is.
> There is certainly code in the S2895 devtree and mptable to allow for
> the missing devices caused by a missing 2nd CPU but I have no idea how
> well tested that is. How does it behave if you boot with ACPI disabled?

Can you try someting completely different?
Make sure the total amount of RAM is 2 GB or less. Retry.

Failing SATA/USB was a symptom of some bug we hit on some AMD boards
with configurations of more than 2 GB RAM a few years ago. Nobody ever
managed to find out what was broken (the issue may also have fallen
through the cracks in the big employment reshuffle which affected a few
coreboot contributors back then). I simply gave up and used 2 GB.

If reducing the amount of RAM to 2 GB works for you, we can retry to
debug this.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--