[coreboot] libpayload: Missing inclusion of `libpayload-config.h`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 27 14:04:03 CET 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

using latest master

        commit 3cc0d1eb3f611cb7bf0e45d8ccdb0c84f54f54dc
        Author: David Hendricks <dhendrix at chromium.org>
        Date:   Tue Mar 26 16:28:21 2013 -0700

            exynos5250: assign RAM resources in cpu_init()

        […]

            Reviewed-on: http://review.coreboot.org/2923

it looks like libpayload’s PDCurses backend is not including
`libpayload-config.h` in some files so the configuration is ignored,
right? I noticed this due to the following warning.

        /src/coreboot/payloads/libpayload(master) $ make clean
        /src/coreboot/payloads/libpayload(master) $ make
        […]
            CC         curses/pdcurses-backend/pdcscrn.libcurses.o
        curses/pdcurses-backend/pdcscrn.c: In function 'PDC_scr_open':
        curses/pdcurses-backend/pdcscrn.c:75:5: warning: "CONFIG_SPEAKER" is not defined [-Wundef]
        […]

No warnings are printed for the other files, because `#ifdef` is used
there. But these macros will never be defined, when
`libpayload-config.h` is not included, if I am not mistaken.

So is the solution to just include `config.h` or `libpayload-config.h`
everywhere?

        /src/coreboot/payloads/libpayload(master) $ grep -R
        CONFIG_SPEA .
        ./configs/defconfig:CONFIG_SPEAKER=y
        ./curses/pdcurses-backend/pdcscrn.c:#ifdef CONFIG_SPEAKER
        ./curses/pdcurses-backend/pdcutil.c:#ifdef CONFIG_SPEAKER
        ./curses/tinycurses.c:#ifdef CONFIG_SPEAKER
        ./drivers/Makefile.inc:libc-$(CONFIG_SPEAKER) += speaker.c
        ./build/config.h:#define CONFIG_SPEAKER 1
        ./build/auto.conf:CONFIG_SPEAKER=y
        ./build/libpayload-config.h:#define CONFIG_SPEAKER 1
        ./.config:CONFIG_SPEAKER=y
        ./tests/libpayload-config.h:#define CONFIG_SPEAKER 1

If you tell me the preferred solution, I am going to submit a patch.

Thanks,

Paul