[coreboot] ASRock E350M1: GRUB payload does not create AHCI device

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 31 20:55:13 CEST 2013

Dear coreboot folks, dear Vladimir,

although this is a GRUB problem, I am posting this to the coreboot list
as it is in the GRUB payload and I am not subscribed to the GRUB list.

Currently using GRUB revision 4778 as a payload [1], loading the module
`ahci` I see the following errors (formatted serial output, “garbled”
one at the end) on the AMD SB800 based ASRock E350M1 [2].

        grub> set debug=ahci,ata
        grub> insmod ahci
        disk/ahci.c:291: Requesting AHCI ownership
        disk/ahci.c:294: Waiting for BIOS to give up ownership
        disk/ahci.c:305: AHCI ownership obtained
        disk/ahci.c:311: AHCI is in compat mode. Switching
        disk/ahci.c:357: 6 AHCI ports
        disk/ahci.c:367: status 0:123
        disk/ahci.c:184: found device ahci0 (port 0)
        disk/ahci.c:225: couldn't start CR
        grub> insmod ata
        grub> insmod mdraid
        grub> insmod mdraid09
        grub> ls
        (memdisk)

SeaBIOS has no problems finding the attached ATA drive.

If more information is needed, please tell me what and how I can get it,
and I will try to provide it.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/GRUB2
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/ASRock_E350M1

grub> ins   set debug=ahci,ata
grub> insom  mot d ahci
disk/ahci.c:291: Requesting AHCI ownership
disk/ahci.c:294: Waiting for BIOS to give up ownership
disk/ahci.c:305: AHCI ownership obtained
disk/ahci.c:311: AHCI is in compat mode. Switching
disk/ahci.c:357: 6 AHCI ports
disk/ahci.c:367: status 0:123
disk/ahci.c:184: found device ahci0 (port 0)
disk/ahci.c:225: couldn't start CR
grub> insmod ata
grub> insomd   mod mdraid
grub> insmod mdraid09