[coreboot] [RFC] Add policy and check for non-ASCII file names

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 30 12:35:18 CEST 2013

Paul Menzel wrote:
> > > as non-ASCII characters are not allowed in our source [1]
> >
> > Where the hell did you get the idea that there is such a policy?
>
> Because one of the project leaders reverted it and reading Ron’s
> commit message of the revert.

That is still only one person. It's a good idea to take more input.

> > You shouldn't have pushed a commit in the first place without
> > strong consensus to back it up. Working together, communication,
> > all that.
>
> Sorry. I hope I fixed that by sending this message to the list.

Yes, and thanks for taking it to the list. It's the right thing to do.

> And as patches can be discussed in Gerrit, I do not see why pushing
> it to Gerrit is a problem.

Gerrit is a code review tool, not a communications system.

Email is a communications system, not a code review tool.

Code review requires careful attention to detail, communication
perhaps slightly less so since there's a human on the other end.

Gerrit is a bad message board. Use the mailing list for discussion.

Thanks

//Peter