[coreboot] BadBIOS Thoughts

Alex mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 19:25:50 CET 2013

On 11/04/2013 11:02 AM, ron minnich wrote:
> I don't like the situation any more than you do, but the fact is, a
> blob free future is very unlikely unless people are willing to pay
> more money for it. And, so far, very few organizations (save BSI!)
> have been willing to put their money where their mouth is. Especially,
> sadly, the free software community: given a choice between better
> performance/lower cost and more freedom, they pick performance and
> cost every single time -- well, save for the few of us who care.
>
> ron

Is there a chromebook/(laptop shipping with CB) with a backlit keyboard,
a decent size screen, and sturdy aluminium case? I see chromebooks
targeting either the cheapo market, or the fancy gadget market, but not
the mainstream or rugged markets. Is this because of a lack in demand,
or a lack in supply? I am among those that can reconcile with a higher
cost, but not a lower performance, and I am looking for a new laptop, BTW.

Alex