[coreboot] [RFC] Board status script

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:21:49 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Doesn’t our build bot Jenkins already answer this question? Every board
> builds with the default configuration.

And it's clearly insufficient. If it answered the question accurately
do you think we'd be going to all this trouble?

> If you mean the Wiki, then in my experience it is pretty accurate.

You might be the only person with that experience. Again, we are doing
this driven by a clearly stated request from a number of people. The
current page is a problem.

> Also, you pushed David’s patch with the errors and leave the boring,
> stupid work to clean it up to the community.

To be honest, I pushed what I knew was an incomplete patch in need of
work and yep, it's up to us to clean it up. At some point, the
bikeshedding halts forward momentum and I don't want that to happen
(again). We need this status page, and even a bad one that is accurate
is better than what we have now.

ron