[coreboot] looking for a good, small, low power, portable board

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Tue Nov 26 17:29:22 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:28 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM, David Hubbard
> <david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> Is stackability or rack-mount also a plus?
>
> minor plus, but I would like to be able to carry it around in a
> backpack as well. So, small is best. In fact, the gizmosphere is near
> ideal save the enet won't work :-(
>

>> Any particular power requirements or limits?
>
> the lower the better.
>

>> I assume you've already looked at standard sizes like mini-ITX; can you
>> clarify what rules that out?
>

> They're kind of big. The gizmosphere is a better size.
>
> ron
>
> --

Since the gizmoboard has 2 PCIe links, why not attach a cheap
low-profile PCIe network adapter with e1000e?
I think this will require building an adaptor, but it's only 8 pins
for PCIe x1 data and 4 (I think) for 12V power supply.
A low-profile Intel PRO/1000 PCIe adaptor (e1000e) should be around
USD10-20 new.

--
thomasg