[coreboot] looking for a good, small, low power, portable board

Bruce Griffith Bruce.Griffith at se-eng.com
Tue Nov 26 21:36:10 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:28 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com

>* They're kind of big. The gizmosphere is a better size.*

I don’t think there’s enough memory on Gizmo (1GB?).  And no slots, so the
result would be kind of brittle.

I’ve had a small AMD Family 14 system from Foxconn running Linux for my
kids for a while now (many months).  I bought it at NewEgg but I don’t
think the exact model is still available.  It’s maybe just a little bigger
than a paperback novel.  No serial port, though.

See:

   http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=NanoPC&U=en-us0000022

If I remember right, the NIC is an RTL8111 (variant of gigE RTL8169).

They have new models in a similar form factor.  But I doubt they have a
variant that sports an Intel NIC and serial ports.

No experience with this:

   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101145