[coreboot] looking for a good, small, low power, portable board

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 17:37:51 CET 2013

Oops, let's send it to the list as well.

2013/11/25 ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>:
> Folks, I'm looking for a very small board with the following:
> - x86_64, preferably with virtualization capability
> - 4-8 G or so of memory
> - intel e1000 or rtl8139 gige
>

> - coreboot not required, but strongly desired
> - serial port required
> - graphics not required, and in fact discouraged, and if it's not
> there I'm happy
> - usb not required
> - pcie slot desired, not required
> - would be nice to have a case, but we can manage otherwise
>
> if anybody has a suggestion please let me know.

Perhaps you'll like this Kabini board:
http://www.zotac.com/news/press-releases/article/archive/2013/november/article/zotac-elevates-zbox-nano-with-quad-core-processing-power.html

General details

ZOTAC elevates ZBOX nano with quad-core processor
New ZBOX nano AQ01 series
AMD A4-5000 APU

1.5 GHz, Quad-core
AMD Radeon HD 8330 graphics

PLUS models available with preinstalled memory and hard drive

4GB DDR3
500GB HDD

HDMI & DisplayPort outputs
802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0 w/ external WiFi antenna
Gigabit Ethernet
High-amperage USB charging capable (yellow ports)
Bundled VESA75/100 mount

Idwer