[coreboot] Please test change in coreboot[master]: cpu/x86/mtrr/mtrr.c: Remove superfluous assignment to `type_...

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 4 11:56:36 CEST 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

could somebody please test commit »cpu/x86/mtrr/mtrr.c: Remove
superfluous assignment to `type_index`« [1] as today I broke my ASRock
E350M1 board booting with coreboot including this patch. I am not sure
though as I also changed the SeaBIOS payload applying the patch series
»Convert AHCI driver to run entirely in 32bit mode« [2].

        Kevin O'Connor (6):
          Rearrange stack_hop_back() call in wait_irq, check_irqs, and
            _farcall16.
          Minor - move call16 assembler in romlayout.S.
          Make __call16 use C calling convention and support two passed
            parameters.
          Update _farcall16() to pass segment of callregs explicitly.
          Support call16() calls after entering 32bit mode from call32().
          Run ahci code entirely in 32bit mode.

         Makefile          |   4 +-
         src/block.c       |  13 ++++--
         src/hw/ahci.c     |  15 ++-----
         src/hw/blockcmd.c |   5 ++-
         src/romlayout.S   | 132 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------

coreboot runs through just fine and then SeaBIOS halts at `mtrr init`
when build with serial console and debug level 8.

Using the SeaBIOS payload built with no serial console, it seems, that
the board just reset and just hang.

Bot logs captured with `readserial.py` are attached.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/3953
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/seabios/2013-October/007040.html