[coreboot] Trying to support Attro G5G100-P board

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 13 23:05:15 CEST 2013

Dear Christoph,

Am Sonntag, den 13.10.2013, 22:05 +0200 schrieb Christoph Grenz:

> I'm currently experimenting with an Attro G5G100-P industrial board.

nice!

> According to the documentation the chipset is an Intel i915GM with
> an Intel 82801FBM southbridge (which flashrom shows as ICH6-M).
> Inteltool only shows:
> 	Northbridge: 8086:2590 (unknown)
> 	Southbridge: 8086:2641 (unknown)
>
> Is the chipset supported (or could it be supported by modifying existing
> code)?

To my knowledge the chipset is not supported. By the way, it is the same
chipset used in the ASUS EeePC 701 4G [1], which was the first
mainstream netbook shipped with GNU/Linux. Consequently Microsoft
extended the lifetime of Windows XP as its successor did not run
fluently on that hardware.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul