[coreboot] ASRock E350M1 start automatically after a electric cut

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 15 08:42:36 CEST 2014

Dear HacKurx,

Am Montag, den 14.04.2014, 15:44 +0200 schrieb HacKurx:

> My E350M1 start automatically after a electric cut.

did your coreboot images always behave that way?

> I tested this in the hope but I get the same result:
> http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/5397/

that patch set should be unrelated to your issue.

> I do not have this problem with the manufacturer bios. Does watchdog
> is used by default? Do you have an idea or solution?

If you use a commit from master, please run

        $ sh util/board_status/board_status.sh

or

        $ bash util/board_status/board_status.sh

from the coreboot directory where you build your image.

The problem is probably that you have `USE_OPTION_TABLE` selected, where
the default is to restart on powerloss. You can configure the values in
NVRAM with nvramtool from `util/nvramtool`.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: If you reply, please do not top post and use interleaved style [1].

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette