[coreboot] Chromium Upstreaming / Introduction

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 5 22:59:22 CEST 2014

Dear Stefan,

Am Dienstag, den 05.08.2014, 20:36 +0200 schrieb Stefan Reinauer:
> * Paul Menzel [140802 15:07]:
> > As already commented on your change sets, I’d prefer if you could avoid
> > squashing commits. Kyösti made very good points, so I won’t repeat them.
>
> One of the reasons Isaac has been squashing patches was that some in the
> community have been complaining about a vast amount of unsquashed
> patches last time, e.g.:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/coreboot@coreboot.org/msg40272.html

very interesting read. ;-)

First of, I am sorry, that it looks like one time I write this and the
other time that. But it is more my fault for not being clear. So let me
clarify. By fix-ups I meant typos or wrong PCI IDs. Looking at the
squashed commits in [1], from my point of view, these are no fix-ups and
should not have been squashed.

> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2013-January/073543.html

Well, that message actually asks for more communication with the
community, so is unrelated.

> As always, we have taken the community input under consideration, and
> tried acting upon it in the best possible way.

Yes, thanks again for your answer.

> Are you suggesting that the needs have changed here?

The basic need has not changed and it looks like it was a
misunderstanding in the past.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/6425