[coreboot] Problems with coreboot and SeaBIOS on VIA EPIA-M

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 24 10:36:45 CEST 2014

Dear xchip,

Am Sonntag, den 24.08.2014, 10:25 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> Am Sonntag, den 24.08.2014, 00:53 +0200 schrieb xchip at hush.ai:
>
> > >could you please check that SeaBIOS’ log level is set to 8 and attach
> > >the .config from it? But probably non-working LZMA decompression is an
> > >indicator for an incorrect set up already. But we’ll see and maybe
> > >somebody else has an idea.
> >
> > I have attached my SeaBIOS .config file. Log level was set to 9.
>
> looking at my log files, the next line should be something like.
>
>         […]
>         Found coreboot cbmem console @ c7fc0400
>         Found mainboard ASROCK E350M1
>         malloc preinit
>         […]

I am sorry, that was from the CBMEM console. The serial console log
should contain the messages below.

        SeaBIOS (version rel-1.7.5-42-g275672e-20140816_084721-asrock-e350m1)
        Attempting to find coreboot table
        Found coreboot table forwarder.
        Now attempting to find coreboot memory map
        SeaBIOS (version rel-1.7.5-42-g275672e-20140816_084721-asrock-e350m1)
        Found coreboot cbmem console @ c7fc0400
        Found mainboard ASROCK E350M1
        malloc preinit
        […]

Adding more print statements should get you further to find out if
`coreboot_preinit()` is even reached.

> As you probably do not have CBMEM console enabled in coreboot, please
> disable it also in SeaBIOS by unselecting the Kconfig option
> `DEBUG_COREBOOT`. (You can search in `make menuconfig` by pressing the
> key / and then entering some part of the option name.)
>
> By the way, for now you can also disable a lot of the USB stuff in
> SeaBIOS to save space, if that is still an issue.

Thanks,

Paul