[coreboot] New board with unsupported cpu, chipset, and superIO

Todd Weaver todd at m2n.com
Wed Aug 27 23:16:46 CEST 2014

It appears (from following the instructions) that I have a new board
with unsupported cpu, chipset, and superIO.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core
Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM86 Express LPC Controller (rev
05)

>From this page:
http://www.coreboot.org/Developer_Manual#Supporting_a_new_board_with_a_unsupported_cpu.2C_chipset_or_superIO

It appears "If it is not supported by coreboot then you will have a lot
of work in front of you."

What I need to find out is:

a) If it is even possible to get coreboot to work with this board?
b) How much time would it take to get coreboot to work with this board?
c) If there is any coreboot developers that would be willing to contract
for hire to develop coreboot for this board?

It is a requirement to replace the bios with coreboot, so I am tasked
with making sure it is possible (a), a rough idea of how long (b), and
if we can hire somebody to develop it (c).

I appreciate any replies to any parts of the above, and I am hopeful
somebody would be able to have the time needed to get paid to get
coreboot onto this board.

Thank you!

Todd Weaver