[coreboot] C720 - ROM file

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Tue Feb 4 16:32:03 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Carmelo Ingrao <carmelo at ingrao.fr> wrote:

> Le 4 févr. 2014 à 16:22, Aaron Durbin <adurbin at chromium.org> a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Carmelo Ingrao <carmelo at ingrao.fr> wrote:
>>> Hi Aaron, first thanks to take the time to answer :)

>>> Yes, before doing mess with the gbb flags, the SeaBIOS was correctly working : I have once installed Fedora on my c720
>>> Now CTRL+L is no longer detected (only a sound out the speakers)
>>>
>>> Yes I can change the GBB flags, but which one do I have to set ?
>>
>> I was thinking changing them back to 0x00, but it sounds like you
>> installed Fedora over ChromeOS? And it was working until you changed
>> the gbb flags?
>
> First, I had ChromeOS
> Then I installed Fedora
> Then I reinstall ChromeOS (no more Fedora), and at this moment I played with GBB flags.

Got it. It's clearer now.

>>> I have copy/paste your command, and here is what I obtain :
>>>
>>> localhost / # iotools mmio_dump 0xffc00000 0x200000 -b | hexdump -C
>>> bash: iotools: command not found
>>
>> Sorry. I thought you were booting ChromeOS in dev mode (I'm just used
>> to using iotools). Try this:
>>
>> dd iflag=sync if=/dev/mem bs=2M skip=2046 count=1 | hexdump -C
>
> Yes I have right now ChromeOS in dev mode but it can’t find the iotools (when I start the laptop it says « press space to enable security)
>
> Here the output :
>
> localhost / # dd iflag=sync if=/dev/mem bs=2M skip=2046 count=1 | hexdump -C
> 00000000  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
> *
> 1+0 records in
> 1+0 records out
> 2097152 bytes (2.1 MB) copied, 1.30793 s, 1.6 MB/s
> 00200000

It definitely is gone, but I am not sure why.

I would use the script Kevin posted in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.coreboot.seabios/7572 to
build a new SeaBIOS and flash it to the RW_LEGACY in the SPI. The
script looks to be well documented and straight forward.

-Aaron