[coreboot] Setting up build environment

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 01:12:37 CET 2014

Adding seabios at seabios dot org to the recipients.

> Hello!
>
>> Apparently CentOS installs, or will install, a really old version of
>> iasl; here you'll see that they (still) use
>> iasl-20090123-3.1.el6.x86_64:
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/Packages/ while the xgcc
>> version is 20130626.
>
> After doing some poking around it appears that IASL doesn't like the fact
> that my home directory is /home/andy.pont and I assume that it is the dot
> that is upsetting it as if I clone coreboot into a subdirectory under
> /home/andy then the default configuration builds correctly.
>
> Thanks for your help and guidance, it is much appreciated.
>
> Andy.

Actually, this happens when you clone coreboot into a dir where its
parent dir has a dot in it, and compile for any board without touching
the payload defaults:

python ./tools/acpi_extract.py
/home/idwer/tmp/coreboot.fresh/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.lst >
/home/idwer/tmp/coreboot.fresh/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.off
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tools/acpi_extract.py", line 221, in <module>
    for line in fileinput.input():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/fileinput.py", line 252, in next
    line = self.readline()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/fileinput.py", line 344, in readline
    self._file = open(self._filename, self._mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/idwer/tmp/coreboot.fresh/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.lst'
make[2]: *** [/home/idwer/tmp/coreboot.fresh/build/seabios/out/acpi-dsdt.hex]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make: *** [seabios] Error 2
rm build/cbfs/fallback/romstage_null.elf
build/util/sconfig/sconfig.tab.c build/cbfs/fallback/bootblock.elf
build/util/sconfig/lex.yy.c