[coreboot] Unable to start correctly coreboot on Asus f2a85-m REV 1.02

HacKurx hackurx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 13:07:57 CET 2014

>> Very odd. I had hoped it was something easy. I wonder what differs for
>> Richland (as Idwer said) so that it doesn't work. My best understanding of
>> Richland (A10-6800K) is that the memory controller has higher rated speeds
>> but should work with Trinity AGESA code, since the Trinity AGESA code
>> already had the ability to overclock to 2133 MHz DDR3.
>>
>> It seems the problem is getting a good debug log with IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED,
>> and that is baffling. I've attached a coreboot image, but please check the
>> config and use cbfstool for payloads *before* flashing it.
>>
>> David
>>
>> Here is the .config I used. Also, this is a pretty old version of coreboot
>> (7bb29d72ab89c300fa899a8cf39803ae8f101ff4).
>
> The email with the rom attached is too big for the coreboot list, but
> HacKurx, please let me know if you try out the rom.
>
> David

Thank you, I tested your rom and I get the same result:
coreboot-4.0-4561-g7bb29d7 Wed Jul 24 23:26:25 MDT 2013 starting...
BSP Family_Model: 00610f31
cpu_init_detectedx = 00000000
agesawrapper_amdinitreset

> The problem is that we don't have Richland AGESA code:
> src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15rl/ does, unfortunately, not exist.
>
> Idwer

Thank you for this information. Please indicate the compatible
processor on the motherboard page.
I think tried to contact people from AMD to get the Richland AGESA code.

--
Best regards,

HacKurx
www.hackurx.info