[coreboot] Wyse S10 Geode GX2

andrew at cogman.info andrew at cogman.info
Mon Feb 17 11:17:18 CET 2014

>> > Check if it is gzip-compressed.
>>
>> Thank you for the quick reply. It doesn't appear to be a gzip file -
>> file
>> reports it as a "COM executable for DOS"
>
> Sounds fine. The missing interrupt services may or may not be
> critical. You'll have to read up on what they do:

Thanks, I'll read the AMD Geode Doc's to try and work out what these are
and if they matter.

>> Calling VSA module...
>> Unsupported software interrupt #0x15 eax 0xbea7
>> Unsupported software interrupt #0x15 eax 0xbea4
>> ... VSA module returned.
>
> ..
>> Initializing CPU #0
>> CPU: vendor NSC device 552
>> CPU: family 05, model 05, stepping 02
>> geode_gx2_init
>> Enabling cache
>> Oops, exception 0 while executing option rom
>> Unexpected Exception: 0 @ 00:00000000 - Halting
>
> I'm not sure if this is OK. There was something silly about how yabel
> runs option ROMs. I would recommend not to have coreboot run any
> option ROMs - if you must use some option ROM then let SeaBIOS run
> it, so that there is a complete BIOS environment.
>

> //Peter

I didn't include an option ROM in the configuration as I didn't think one
was needed, only the VSA?
The composition of the ROM is:

Total size: 103600  Fixed: 58668  Free: 27472 (used 79.0% of 128KiB rom)
    CBFS       coreboot.rom
    PAYLOAD    SeaBIOS (internal, compression: LZMA)
    CONFIG     .config
    CBFSPRINT  coreboot.rom

coreboot.rom: 1024 kB, bootblocksize 784, romsize 1048576, offset 0x0
alignment: 64 bytes

Name                           Offset     Type         Size
vsa                            0x0        stage        153621
fallback/romstage              0x25840    stage        20470
fallback/coreboot_ram          0x2a880    stage        39268
fallback/payload               0x34240    payload      52463
config                         0x40f80    raw          2955
(empty)                        0x41b40    null         778584

Am I missing something obvious, have I got the configuration wrong?

Thanks,
Andrew